Even experienced gardeners are particularly careful when it comes to the issue of seasonal pruning. It seems to many that one careless movement, an incorrect or untimely cut can ruin years of care. But there is nothing terrible or complicated in pruning trees – the process follows very simple rules and regulations. The best way to be safe is to entrust tree trimming in Ventura CA to experienced professionals.
The main purposes of pruning:
- Emergency prevention. Such pruning consists in removing dry, damaged and weakened parts of the plant. It is carried out when there is a danger of falling on buildings, vehicles or people. Branches blocking traffic, interfering with the view, dangerously overhanging are removed.
- Formation of an aesthetic crown. It includes thinning of branches to give the tree a well-groomed appearance, a certain shape, and activation of plant growth.
- Reducing the risk of diseases. Such pruning consists in removing twigs, stumps, diseased leaves and branches to supply more light and air to healthy parts of the plant.
- Increasing the viability of seedlings. It is used for the better survival of large plants in order to redirect the resources of the tree from feeding the large crown to proper rooting.
Basic rules of tree trimming in Ventura CA
As already mentioned, it is prudent to entrust the pruning of trees to professionals – trusted companies with an impeccable reputation, such as Enhanced Arbor Management a division of Landscape Development, Inc. Companies such as ours not only maintain compliance with all OSHA regulations and every ISA standard but also develop their own safety processes and guidelines which exceed typical mandatory safety measures.
Rule 1. Create a preliminary plan
Here, the principle of “better safe than sorry,” is of particular importance. When developing a plan for future pruning, there is no place for haste. Haste literally makes waste. Each branch must be approached with care. If the process takes time, that’s ok. The main purpose of the preliminary scheme is not to harm the tree.
Rule 2. Use only serviceable tools
Pruning shears and saws must be flawless – sharpened, clean, without traces of rust or disease from other trees. A dirty, rusty or blunt blade can greatly harm the plant. The pruner is the most versatile tool, saws are suitable for thick branches, shears for small ones. The main task is to prevent torn sections and to eliminate the possibility of disease transmission.
Rule 3. Treat tools with special care
Before pruning, be sure to disinfect all tools. All cutoffs of trees also need to be carefully disposed of – this will help avoid rotting, as well as infection with fungus and other pathogenic bacteria.
Rule 4. Do not plan pruning during intensive growth
With rare exceptions, all trees should be pruned at rest, that is, not earlier than the end of November and not later than the beginning of March. Pruning in October can cause intensive growth of young shoots, which will die after any frosts.
Rule 5. Pay special attention to the health of trees
When pruning a tree, pay attention to the general condition of the tree: are there any uncharacteristic patterns on the bark, traces of the appearance of harmful insects, parasites or fungus. Disinfection of wounds is also mandatory – the places of cuts must be treated with special formulations. All the debris left after tree trimming in Ventura CA should be destroyed.
Our certified tree care professionals deliver peace of mind to clients by providing specialized care for their arbor needs. The best way to ensure the safety of your site is to entrust our certified professionals in the Ventura CA area. Enhanced Arbor Care, the special tree care division of Landscape Development, Inc. has all of the skills and tools available to provide you with true peace of mind. Additional information about services can be found here.
- We offer comprehensive services
- Our arborists are ISA-certified
- Our tree care team is licensed and insured
- We provide 24-hour emergency response
- We deliver superior service and high-quality solutions
- We focus on protecting the environment.
More useful information in our article : Landscaping Services in Santa Clarita